Saturday, October 29, 2005

WARNING!!! SUPERLY DUPERLY LONG ENTRY!!

I was supposed to meet Tanya at 11.15am today and i woke up at 11.16am. I looked at the time and went DNFSHGTSWRJTGS!!! Then Tanya called, apparently Millie wasnt even on her way there yet so Tanya was waiting like a moron. She even took a cab down to Nanyang CC please. So she was obviously feeling like afjhaetuietbv please. So i went down on my own, met Vincent at Boon Lay. Then we went to the CC together.

I went in to look for Tanya and i was horrified at all the needles around me. I got my registration form and went to the hall/ theatre and registered. So i sat in the place with Vincent and Ignatious for dunno how long please. Then we realised that we were supposed to go and see the Medical Officer and get our blood tested. Obviously no one told us to do any of that. So Vincent, Ignatious and i went to see the Medical Officers and to get our blood tested.

At the blood testing area.
Nurse: "Come! Have a seat."
ME: "OH! Okay."
Nurse: "I'm going to prick your finger okay? Its not gonna hurt."
ME: "If you say so then go ahead."
Nurse: "Then after this you go over to the next table and sign up for a bone marrow transplant."
ME: "!!!!!!!!!"
Nurse: looks at my face- "As in you sign up and be a donor."
Me: "Chey, okay."
Nurse: points- "So you go over there okay?"
ME: looks away to the area that the nurse was pointing at-
PIAK!
ME: "OWWWWWW!" stares at nurse in anger-
Nurse: shrugs-

WAH! She never give any signal or warning to let you know that she's gonna prick your finger at that moment. I got a shock please. She squashed my finger and collected my blood in this teeny weeny tube and gave it to the Bone Marrow person. I was horrified please. Then Ignatious came along and i moved over to the bone marrow table which was situated like really close to the blood testing table. The nurse did the same thing by pointing over to my side and she pricked his finger without warning.

Ignatious: SCREAMS- "OOOOWWWWWWWWWW!!!"

Then i laughed really loudly. The nurse also smiling away. Yaohui was standiong beside me and he looked at Ignatious and went, "BE A MAN!!" I laughed louder.

I looked back at the bone marrow person because she was like squashing my previously pricked finger like no tomorrow. Obviously it hurt lah. Then she told me that she has to prink my finger AGAIN! Just because i got no more blood for her to squeese. I got no choice what, she pricked again. I was how horrified please. She covered like this HUGE CIRCLE with a diameter of 3cm WITH MY BLOOD. I should have taken a picture of it please. But i was just too traumatised at the way she freely distributed my blood on the circle thingy.

Then i went back to the hall/ theater. Daniel Ang came in like 2minutes after me. Apparently he was asked to sit in the hall/ theatre and wait for the cows to go home. Its like no one told him where to go and what to do also. So troublesome please. I told him to go see the Medical Officers and do the blood test thingy then come back to the hall/ theatre to wait. So he followed us out of the waiting area. Ignatious, Vincent and I all went over to the donors waiting area.

Me: "Eh, i heard that you must drink sugar drinks then the blood flows faster leh."
Ignatious and Vincent went and got Ribena for themselves. Then Vincent was called to go in the donating area. So it leaves me and Ignatious there.

Ignatious: "eh, later before we leave this place, we go and take some drinks go back to church okay?"
ME: looks at ignatious weirdly- "You very funny leh!" laughs loudly-
Ignatious: "What? i'm trying to help you de-stress by making you laugh leh."
ME: "OKAYOKAY!"

Funny right? Its like you dun hear that everyday. I laughed real loud.

Then came my turn to donate blood. I was freaking out please. The two blood donors beside me had like huge FULL packs of blood. I was even more horrified please. The nurse swiped my arm with this cold yellow thingy. I thought it was the syringe and i got a shock so i turned back to want to grab the "syringe" from her. She saw the frantic way i flipped to my other side and she looked at me and assured me that she hadnt done anything yet. WAH! I thought she put the thing in when i wasnt ready.
But when she seriously was about to put the thing in, i sneaked a peek at the needle. WAH!!!!!!!The needle want to how big please! SUPERLY DUPERLY HUPERLY GIGANTICEST needle i've ever seen man. I was like freaking out. Image hosted by TinyPic.com
If i had balls, they would had detached themselves and ran away. In case you were wondering, I AM FREAKING SCARED OF NEEDLES.


So she put in the freaking huge needle, i felt the stupid thing please. So i went ARRRGGHHHH! The nurse must have thought how gay i was please. And i'm supposed to squeese the sponge ball. So i squeese lah. I sat there for dunno how long, then i looked down. WAH!!! THE ENTIRE PACKET NEARLY FULL ALREADY!!! I wanted to faint man.

Then this fella came and like put this metal thing on the cord, so that the blood will stop flowing. And the nurse took over and got ready this test tubes. You know in school you have water coolers to fill your water bottles right? She did the same lah! She filled the tubes with my blood and i was freaking horrified to see the blood flow so fast man.

Then i got like a orange smiley on my arm. Its so cool please.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

Then i happily go and take the super cute souveniors that you have to self-service and take.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com
There was a Nike wristband also. But i'm just too lazy to go take a picture.

I went to church after the whole thing. I just felt very tired when i lined up with my members. Then suddenly i could see stars. Obviously its not a good sign. So i quickly told Vincent. Then i got like bits of black spots in my vision. I was like going to collaspe then Vincent grabbed my hand. He then pulled me to a seat where i blacked out totally. By the time i came to (which was probably a few minutes later) i saw Byh in front of me. I also abit the stun. I felt really horrible like crap. In the end, i sat with Joanne at the back.

Seriously i was freaked. I had never blacked out before so obviously it wasnt a very pleasant experiance for me. I couldnt even get up to praise and worship. But i got better when the African guy came on stage. I remember he was with this group of Africans that came to church like six years back. And guess what? The first time i came to church six years ago, this malibongwe song was the VERY FIRST song i sang. WHOOHOO!~ SIX FREAKING LONG YEARS PLEASE.

Then when service ended, i went to climb the stairs. I nearly died again please. I had to lean against the wall for support because i was so afraid that i'll pass out. But i didnt in the end, i just got like afew dizzy spells.

Went to eat Ban Mian after service. It tasted great! Then headed back to church and left around 9.45pm.

I took off my smiley bandage and i realised that i got like NO MORE BLOOD TO BLEED LAH.
Image hosted by TinyPic.com
LOOK! So little left!

Image hosted by TinyPic.com
But i'm gonna keep the smiley bandage. For momento. = o) WHAT!!? CANNOT MEH? NICE WHAT!

Although i got only like 5.5L of blood left and that i blacked out. I will go for a blood donation drive again. This experiance was freaking enriching.

BE A BLOOD DONOR TODAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment