Monday, December 18, 2006

Sunday @ Fashion.

It feels like forever since i last had my off day.

I started learning how to bartend today. It started only because i was fucking bored to tears. There wasnt any customer in sight, and i was cold and bored. So i decided to ask Haris how to bartend. He gave me permission to go into the bar so that he could teach me how to bartend.

He got me an empty bottle and a spout and i kept trying and trying to pour a peg of water. At times, i achieved it. But mostly, i missed the 30ml by like too much or too little. The thing i couldnt master was the "cut". I was damn annoyed with the "cutting".

I gave up after an hour because my arm was whining already. And sales sucked today, because it is a Sunday and there wasnt much customers. It was the first time all my order sheets were so easy to account for, because there was only eleven of them. How interesting.

Tommy taught me bar tricks when i was in the bar. So i have alot of new tricks up my sleeve. He told me about the time where he did a twin tower Waterfall, the customers were all stockbrokers and they ordered Waterfall. Then, he told them that he'll stack twin towers and one tower would cost $100, so two towers is equivilent to $200. He flamed the sambucca and it looked really great, but the decorations at the ceiling got burnt.

His manager was about to yell at him when he threw over the $200 for the Waterfall. There wasnt a word from his manager about the ceiling after that. =)