Monday, December 11, 2006

Days gone by.

Sometimes i wish i wasnt so capable, so that i dun have so many responsibilities.

The past two days was hell because Saturday was a weekend and Sunday was 1 for 1. We were all screwed on Saturday because a meeting was called for all staff. One of the reasons was because Friday's performance sucked big time. So the meeting was for all the understand the basic things that we should do and not do. The meeting lasted for like ninety minutes and after that we were sent for dinner.

I was given another responsibility, the staff declaration form. Everytime when i come to work, i need to go around and let everyone on shift declare their belongings and amount of cash. I only volunteered to do it because nobody wanted to. It felt like being forced to do it, just because nobody else volunteered. So it was down to me then.

We were all allocated sections to be in charge of. As usual, i got the inside section, but nearer to the toilets. It was cool because my section only filled up like later in the night and not immediately. But still, someone had to fuck up my section for me. Instead of taking care of her own section, she came over and fucked mine up.

The situation was that she had a couple who wanted to be seated inside, and seeing that i have one table empty, she brought them in and had them seated there. I wasnt around because i was collecting my order. When i came back, i was surprised to see two extra people at my section and her serving them. Being the easily annoyed person i am, i asked her what the fuck was her problem. She told me the customers wanted to sit in my section, and i was like super annoyed with her.

Her own section she never take care and she wants to push people into MY section?!

FUCK YOU CHEEBYE.

So i asked her to move the customers away to her section, and she walked off. She bloody walked off and expected me to pick up her shit. I was super angry and i was quite ready to yank her back by her shirt and punch her face. Then i thought about the consequences, like why should i lose my job because of her? Why should i let her get away with 1.4k a month?

So i decided to get back at her by becoming her Floor Captain, i'll make sure she gets it from me then.

I went over to the table and explained to the couple the situation, luckily they were understanding and ordered a bottle of Moet and Chandon Brut. See, the low tables in my section was reserved for people who open bottles. She jolly well knew about the fucking information and she chose to ignore it. And by her doing what she did, she would get away with helping me fuck my section, but ultimately i'm the one thats going to get fucked.

I started serving Flaming Lamborginis on Saturday. Altogether i served like three during the whole night. I had an order for Waterfall, but i wasnt sure how to serve it, so i asked Xun to help me with it. Xun is my Bar Captain by the way, he's one cool dude whose voice doesnt go with his body. HAHAH.

So the rest of the night went by eventfully and closing was easy because the chains came and we could chain all the chairs together instead of carrying them in all the time. I had to do the orders and tips again. Then it was home at 6am.

Sunday was really quiet in the beginning. I was sent for dinner with Faz, so we went to MS to eat. I went over to the supermarket after dinner because i had to buy Equal for the bar because we ran out. Then it was back to work. It was 1 for 1 on Sundays and it wasnt as bad as i thought it was, until the people started coming in like no tomorrow. It was a battle then, the serve the drinks and collect the payment.

Then i had some trannies come in with some old guy. The guy was like 65 years old please, with three trannies. All my servers turned and looked at them before they all scarpered and made themselves look busy. So being the only female staff around, i had to serve them. But before i could turn, the old guy was right beside me asking me for directions to the toilet. So i decided to lead him there.

Me: "Watch your step, sir."

And he fell down.

Its like he didnt even hear me telling him to watch his step please. Then one of the trannies pushed past me and helped him up. I stood there staring like a retard. My supervisor was worried about the floor more then helping the customer up. Both of us went, what the fuck please.

I walked around some more and went back in to take the trannies' order.

Me: "Hi, ready to order? How about some champange?"
Trannies: "Yes!"
Me: "How about a Dom Perinon for you Sir? Its the best champange we've got."
Trannies: "Okay! Okay!"

So i went to get the Dom Perinon for them and came back to serve them. I popped the cork and the champange overflowed. I tried to hide the spillage by lowering the bottle below table level on the pretext of examining it so that they wouldnt see it. Then i started pouring it out for them. The trannie nearest to me, picked up the first glass that i filled and presented it to another trannie, saying that its for her SISTAH. Then "she" picked up the second glass and presented it to the old guy, saying its for her HUSBANDD. I wanted to flip already, but i wasnt done serving the champange yet. Once i finished serving, one of the trannies asked me to go get a glass and drink with them. I declined politely and took the payment and got the hell out of there.

I was quite horrified please. The next time i went back into the area, i saw the trannies waving for me to come over. I went over and they requested in very bad english, for me to cork back the champange because they wanted to bring it home. So i bought it back to the bar only to be told that champange cannot be corked back because we didnt have extra corks. In the end, my supervisor talked to the trannie and they left, holding the bottle in hand.

Santos was bugging me to go out for drinks with him, but i kept avoiding his questions till i said i was waiting for payday. He looked at me weird then he asked me why i spent my pay so quickly. I gave him one bewildered stare and told him that i didnt get my pay yet because i joined only after the 20th. We then started talking about abortions and he was telling me all about his ex girlfriend who got pregnant and how they went for abortion and all.

(Mind you, we were talking about it over the bar counter in front of all the customers.)

Jade from America's Top Model came to my bar. I didnt even know because i ran out for a smoke break. Apai grabbed me and told me not to make any noise, then he told me Jade was here. My first reaction was who the hell is Jade? Then he explained who she was.

I started to do the order totalling and there so many in front of me. Plus, Santos didnt tell me that he put the bottle sales in one of the boxes, and i threw everything out. So i had to do everything again.

BAH.

And i cannot believe i begged to go to work tmr.