Saturday, January 28, 2006

Bus 857

I took 857 with Huiwen yesterday after one long kick-ass day of shopping. Halfway through the ride, both of us realised that the bus wasnt moving at all. It was just stationary right there at the bus stop before the expressway.

Everyone was staring at one another and checking their watches. Then suddenly this Bangala (Bangala 2) spoke up and told everyone that some other Bangala (Bangala 1) was drunk and verbally abused somebody. But from where i was sitting. I couldnt see ANYBODY that looked even close to being the one that was verbally abused. It didnt help that i was sitting in one of the front seats. What are the odds.

So then i got so pissed off that i started annoying everyone within range with my annonying 20 questions.

ME: "Eh! What happened arh?"
Bangala 2: "Dun know arh. This guy is drunk or something. We(?) called the police already."
Huiwen: "HUH! He died already or what?!"
ME: *giggles* "Eh! Dun say until like that can?"
Huiwen: "What!? Correct what, he never move also."
ME: "But dun have to say until like that what."

ME: "Why not just CARRY the idiot and THROW him off the bus?"
Everyone stares at me.
ME: "Correct what. He drunk then he's bloody problem lah! Why should i suffer because HE'S drunk?

After like five minutes...
Me: "Dude! You called the police already anot?"
Bangala 2: "Yarh. called already."
Me: "I think you never tell the police the location properly."
Bangala 2 stares at me.
Me: "You better faster call back and tell them hor! Wait they catch you. And you're wasting my time."

Passengers around me, all nodding their heads.

Me: -loudly- "I dun get it. WHY the hell are we all MADE to wait here when it isnt any of our business?
Passenger 1: "Yarh! I agree. What a waste of time." -checks watch-
Me: "WALAU EH. you think i very free to wait and see police catch the idiot ah? Just throw him off the freaking bus and let's get a MOVE ON."
Passenger 2: -nods head-
Me: "Why cant we just drive to Yishun Interchange first then all of us get off and you (bus captain) can fetch this asswipe to Yishun Police Post? That solves everyone's problem."
Passenger 2: -nods head more-
Me: "See, if we drive on, the idiot also cannot run away what. Its not as if he will go and jump out of the window. The window also cannot be opened what."
Passenger 1: "Precisely!"
Me: "Just get a move on lah. You are bloody wasting my time. If you dun move, i'm gonna sue this bus and driver till Tibs got no more money."
Everyone stares at me.

After another five minutes...
Me: "WALAU EH! I'm gonna seriously lodge a complain to Trans Island and make sure this bus cannot fetch anymore passengers." -folds arms-

Passenger 1 & 2 goes to the front of bus to confront the Bus Captain.

The Bus Captain also never give us, the passengers, any explaination whatsoever. I was so pissed off please. Its such a waste of my freaking time. Then the Bangala 1 happily sleeping on the seat please.

Bus Captain: "Okay! -waves arms- You all can get off the bus now! This bus is out of service!"
Me: "You gotta be FUCKING JOKING ME PLEASE."

Bus door opens and everyone gets off.

Me: "WALAU EH. I'm going to complain."

I took a cab back to Yishun with Huiwen and i marched straight to the Bus office and demanded to see the Operations Personnel.

I'm very displeased with the type of Bus Captains you have! I took the 857 from Suntec today and it was a horrible ride! Firstly, something happened in the bus. Some Bangala got drunk or whatnot and another Bangala called the Police. Then your Bus Captain DID NOT give us any information or expaination pertaining to the situation. I was seriously displeased with the fact that YOUR Bus Captain WAS NOT the one telling us, the passengers, what was happening and why the bus decided not to move. He gave the dirty job to some Bangala worker who was not even part of Trans Island. Your Bus Captain MADE us all wait a good TWENTY minutes before he decided to tell us to get off the bus AFTER he was confronted. Then NO complimentary tickets were given and NO APOLOGY AT ALL. What kind of bus drivers do you have in your company? Is this how you treat your passengers? It didnt make things better when i had to flag a cab from the kerb at the START of the Expressway! I demand compensation for my cab fare and an apology from your company for such an outrage.

Then the Operations Personnel apologised to me and asked me to fill up some feedback form so that the complain goes all the way to their head office and they will do a through investigation for me.

I think that i'll never want to take 857 already. Its bad enough that i had to share the bus with roaches, but this? Noway man. I'm not taking this lying down.

No comments:

Post a Comment