Thursday, June 23, 2005

my mom

i had my first piercing like two yrs back.
bear in mind that i got a body piercing.
not my ears pierced.
i got my navel pierced on an impulse.
when i was out one day with my friend.
and i din really tell my mom you see.
but in the end she found out.
because i stupidly stretched in front of her and she saw it.
she din really get mad and threw a fit.
but she did reprimand me thou.
that's a comfort to all you people who think piercings are of the Devil.

another time was because i pierced my tongue.
well.
for those who have gone to pierce their tongue before.
please bear with me as i explain to the readers.
well.
during the hours afther you pierce your tongue.
the hole will be very tight and you arent allowed to play with the stud.
and you have to suck on ALOT of cold stuff so that it'll reduce the swelling.
and it hinders your speech for about three-sevn days.
well. back to the story.
that day that i pierced my tongue.
then after everything my mom called.
and asked me to go chong pang eat porridage.
and i'm like :' i kannt'.
so being a mommy.
she knew that i pierced my tongue from the way i was talking.
and she slamned the phone on me.

she was reluctant to talk to me for a few days after she found out about my piercings.
but she gave in eventually.
one being that i was her baby.
two being that i was in a stage where if you say NO i'll do more.
she din want me to become rebellious.

well.
we went shopping at queensway abt a year back.
after my piercings rage had stopped and had healed.
i walked into this shop Bead Street.
for those who know.
this shop sells like surgical steel body studs.
the kind that i needed for my piercings.
for those that dun know.
NOW you know.
my mom and i were looking at all the studs.
and all of a sudden she egged me on to go buy a few more studs.
and she helped me pick my navel stud out and a couple more tongue studs.
and she even paid for them.
for those who think that piercings are of the Devil.
you prolly think that my mom got possessed or something.
but no.
she bought me the studs because she felt that if piercings was what i wanted.
then she would 'encourage' me.

move on to last year.
i was bored of piercings because everyone seemed to have them.
and it was uninteresting already.
i moved on to body art.
of the common term TATTOOS.
i was facinated with the art from when i was thirteen.
i wanted to get one but i always backed out at the beginning.
but last year.
i thought about it for three days and i decided to get one on my tailbone.
all of you reader might go 'like duhh! obviously.'
because it is the most common place to get a tattoo.
but for me i did it on my tailbone.
because i was experiancing a whole new rage.
of which i'll look up to for a long time.
the first dab from the needle and i jumped.
i literally jumped up.
i din expect the pain to be so damn gay.
and i was grabbing my friend tightly.
i swear i nearly crushed his bones.
anw.
i finished the whole thing in 3hours.
my artist was trying to make it as easy as he could for me.
i hide the tattoo for almost a year.
till my older sister told my mom.
how she ever found out.
i dun know.

my mom got really annoyed with me.
she thought i wouldnt go for anything crazier then piercings.
piercings can be taken out.
the wound can heal.
but for a tattoo.
its for life.
and it cant be taken out.
she was quite furious with me for a few days.
but she learnt to accept it.
because she knew that it what i wanted.
but she asked me not to get anything else.

which reminds me.
we were sitting down on the sofa together one day
waay before i even got my first piercing.
and she turned me and asked me to go get a tattoo together with her.
talk about crazy.

so after about a year.
i got my second tattoo.
i din get one earlier because i din have a tattoo partner.
someone who is willing to love the culture like me and cultivate it even.
but i found my partner after all.
she* has appeared.
my mom found out about the second one after about a week.
well.
its on my ankle.
what do you expect?

i think i shock my mom too much.
but she has learnt to let go more after all these years.
because she knows that i have to fall to learn how to stand up.
and she knows that i won't do anything too drastic.
haha.
my mom.
after all these years.
she has crazy ideas of her own.
she asked me to join her for this hairstyling/cutting course.
and i've agreed.
at the end of the year.
we're going shanghai for a MAJOR shopping trip.
so that's me and my mom for you.

`mwa

No comments:

Post a Comment