Thursday, June 01, 2006

I tried not to think about you. But its impossible.

I woke up to a phone call. It was my councellor. Apparently i was supposed to go for a group session today and i forgot all about it. She called me at 1445 and i only started to prepare and bathe at 330. So obviously i was fiaking late for the session. I reached only at 1600. I walked into the room and i realised that i was the only girl. So much for the balance of yin and yang. So they were talking about self-confidence and whatnot. I was asked my opinion on the topic and i had to like raise points and everything. The guys didnt know what the hell i was talking about. Apparently my english is too strong for them. Tuh!~

So now shop-lifting has to do with self-confidence lah. I must be shy in order not to shop-lift. Wow! I sure learnt something new today.

Then my councellor said that theres going to be a Family Day or something, to celebrate the councelling centre's 30th anniversary. Now imagine that, 30 freaking years its been open and i think like half the population doesnt even care that they're there. So the thing is that the bunch of us in the room have to come together and plan for a games stall. Okay, i'm fine with that. Then came the bomb, there had to be a leader. Something in my senses made me feel that i'm going to hit the jackpot. We drew lots and yours truly really hit the jackpot. I mean WTF can. The one thing i hate to do and i get it.

Immediately i went ahead and told my councellor that i had exams and that i couldnt be the leader. She looked at me and asked why would i have exams in july. So now i dictate when the exams are supposed to happen lah. As if i had such authority please. I have no choice either. Okay, maybe one part of me just wants to get this probation fucked and over with. But on the other hand, i dun shirk responsibility. If i'm given a task, i will fulfil it no matter what. Its just my character that makes things this way. In the end, i got Asst Leader. So then i had to leave, supposed to go work.

I left. Then i went to 174 to get my brows done. Super messy, i cannot take it. After that, i called Lala and arranged to meet. I hung up on her and she called me back to yell at me because she wasnt done with her words yet. Sorry lah. How am i supposed to know. She was supposed to meet me at 7, Bugis. I knew that she was going to be late, so i slowly sashayed my way to the MRT station. I got to Bugis and obviously there was no sign of her. I went to draw money and the queue was hilariously long. By the time i got my cash, it was already past 7. I smsed Lala to ask her where the living hell was she. She can happily tell me that she's still at some station and that she would only be reaching after 740. I was screaming bloody murder already. Theres one thing i hate the most and thats for people to be late. I mean like if you're late for like 15-20mins is fine. But 45mins is the ultimate bomb okay, i swear.

So we dined at Pastamania and then we went to Village to shop around. I brought Lala to the shop where i always get my jeans. She got this vintage wash denim knee-lenth pants. She was a happy girl. Then we headed upstairs and to this vintage shop that i always go to. Sheila Pang asked me to SIAM. Okay lah, i walked off. She actually ran after me and dragged me back to the shop by my bag strap please. Then she tried on this flowery shirt. The kind that she likes. She came out to show it to me and to look at herself in the mirror. She looked okay i guess. I'm not into flowery shirts. Then she found out that there was a button missing and the best part was that it was the last piece. Power lah. Lala still wanted it, so the guy chopped off a button from some other shirt and sold the last piece to her for $20. Steal i must say.

So we left Village after that and i went to buy a pack of cigs at 7-11.

Me: "Um, Viceroy M. Lights please."
Guy at counter: -mumbles-
Me: "HUH?!" -looks away from the counter to see some guy pointing at her-
Guy at counter: "Suspicious."
Me: "Excuse me? I'm suspicious?"
Guy at counter: "No, not you. The old guy that just walked in."
Me: "Chey! I thought you said i was suspicious for buying cigs lah!"
Guy at counter: "No lah. You where got suspicious?"
Me: "How i know please. Scare me."

Sheesh! To think i was deemed suspicious by buying cigs. Wow, thats new. I learnt another new thing today.

We sat outside 7-11 to smoke then we slacked at Starbucks. Both of us talked about our personal topics and then we left at 2300. Home Sweet Home.

I tried not thinking about you today. But God's obviously out to make the whole matter a joke. I walked around Bugis and every corner i turned, i saw your name. Your name appeared as a bag brand. Its driving me nuts. I dun want to think about you. But everything is making it impossible. Just when i thought it was over, i heard someone call out your name. I stiffened and turned to see a little girl. Her mom was calling her. It made me think of you treating me like a little girl and how much warmth it brought me. But its okay. I never wanted anything more. Dun worry, you'll always be the older brother that i love the most. It'll never change.

No comments:

Post a Comment