Thursday, November 30, 2006

Sick on Day 3 of work.

I took an sick leave today because i woke up with a fever and and line of dried blood under the lower lashes of my eye. I was horrified when i saw my eye in the mirror, and i thought i was dying. So i called my supervisor to tell him that i couldnt make it for training and that i would be taking sick leave. He was okay with it and i think he was half asleep, so yeah.

My cab went past Alfonso while on the way to the polyclinic, he saw me and waved like a mad ass at the traffic light. Thank God i didnt see him in the streets, or else i wouldnt know where to hide my face.

I didnt have to wait long for my turn to see a doctor. So lucky me. My doctor looked like Russel Peters! I swear please! I was staring and staring at him the whole time, and now that i think about it, he must have thought i was psycho.

Shit.

Thats so not good.

I left the place near 4pm and by the time i got home, it was 430. So i had to rush all over the place in my sick state and get myself ready to go out. I got to the MRT station and i met Imran. He was topping up his ez-link too. But my card was a bitch because it just didnt want to eat my nets. So i had to go over and do it the advanced way.

At least i had Imran to talk to during the whole ride, or else i'll fall asleep. I got to Orchard and met up with Neh and Xia at Far East. Neh and i both had problems with cash because we were waiting for our moms to transfer us cash. Neh's mom kept transferring 4cents over to her account because she didnt know how to use the transferring service.

When we both got our cash, we headed to buy my work shoes first. Then it was to everywhere to buy our stuff. I bought arm warmers for work! The air-conditioning is a bitch there. Ended off by going to Cass's shop to talk to her.

I bought another pair of shades!

Ate at Ljs. The counter staff was bloody rude. Neh wanted a Combo 1.

Guy: "Your drink is? Coke or ILT?"
Neh: "Coke."
Guy: "What size? Small, Medium or large?"
Neh: "Normal size."
Guy: "Your clam chowder want what size?"
Neh: "The smaller one."
Guy: "You wait five minutes, i send you your order."
Neh: *annoyed* "Okay."

Then he proceeds to walk off, leaving us at the counter staring at each other, amazed at how rude the guy was. He slamned the change into Neh's palm and walked away. I was kinda annoyed, but it was nothing compared to what Neh was feeling. Then came my turn. I told him my order firmly and nicely. He seemed to know that he couldnt fuck around with people like me, or else he's going to get a black eye. So he wasnt really that rude to me. But he did almost throw my change back at me.

I simply cannot believe how rude his attitude was. Even if you're having a bad day doesnt mean the customers have to go through your bad day with you. Xia went to complain for us and my order took like fifteen minutes to arrive. It seemed as though my fish needed to be caught and de-scaled before even arriving to the kitchen to be cooked.

Basket.

Day spoiler.

But i r is happy girl when thinking about i r's purchases. =)