Sunday, July 19, 2009

Happy.

Before time began, there was the cube...of cheese/tofu. -Transformers

I am living in a blissful life right now. I dun seem to have any anger, frustration or bitchfits that i want to throw.

Long time ago, i gave up on men. They seemed shallow and always doing things with motive. Having worked in nightlife for so many years, i watched men, whether they're married/engaged or with girlfriends, fool around with women. I watched their intentions, motives, reactions to women and sad to say, I've lost faith in them. My world seemed to revolve around sex, drugs and alcohol. I was sick and tired of listening to men tell me that they love/like/interested in me.

I was really sick and tired.

To the extent that even if i got a "proposal", i would turn them down. When other girls my age chased relationships and other girly intentions, i chased my career and nothing else. I seemed to be able to tell whether men were true or not, and sad to say, 99.5% of them had intentions to fuck rather than respect.

I always seemed older than my twenty one years.

It never bothered me that much.

To go clubbing would equal to standing/sitting with drinks and loud music. I lost touch with my age, thinking and having the "want" to be responsible for my own life. I started earning my own keep at eighteen and by nineteen my monthly salary was over two thousand and i had nothing to spend on. I did all of it without men and i've always deemed girls who needed to get into a relationship, weak and dependent on others.

Till i met him.

I went out yesterday, with him. I was carefree and happy. He made me laugh with his stories and riding never seemed this much fun.

His class 2 bike could beat mine flat with only three fingers on the throttle and in third gear. But no, he trailed behind me all the way, making sure i was safe and that he didnt outspeed me. Turning corners were the same, he would turn first and check his mirrors for me before speeding up to lead the way. My braking sucks because i always brake late, thus i always nearly ram into his two thousand dollar endcan. If it were others and i did that, i would get yelled at for the near miss. But he would calmly move up alittle so that there was space for me to shift and be comfortable. I pilloned him on Medusa because his seat was being done and he never once rushed me during the lane changing and stuff. He kept telling me to take my time. He knows i'm halal so he brought me to Mcdonalds for a late lunch. I didnt have to do anything, just sit and wait and even the condiments, he took them all for me. He taught me stuff about my bike i dun even have a clue to, brought me to buy stuff to put on Medusa.

Being the racer i am, i constantly challenge death. He knows that my speedometer is small, therefore i won't look at it, he gave me a spare meter of his, which looks freaking brand new, when he could have sold it for money. I said i wanted to go see his helmet collection and you better believe me when i tell you the fella has ONE head and over a HUNDRED helmets. He told me another day he wouldnt bring me home because there was no one else at home and that i was a girl. He brought me to the flea market at Pitt St to look around for vintage things and because i said i've never been there before. He shielded me when some fool of a child didnt look where he was going and nearly walked into me.

I have no idea what is this thing between us called, and frankly speaking, i really dun give a flying bother even. I just know that i'm happy and i havent felt this way in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment