Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shame

I got a bath today. But i had to have help going to the bathroom and even taking off my clothes.

The shame.

The idea of someone looking at me naked when its not related to skinny dipping or sex.

I salute them for being able to take my shit. The generous amounts of refusal they have taken from me, but yet they still remained patient and understanding.

I hung my head, the arrogance in me gone in an instant.

How does one stay arrogant in such a situation?

The doctors tore my dressings open, with no qualms of pain.

My legs burn, with my wounds exposed to air. I can go nowhere, i have to remain in this bed like a caged phoenix.

I watch doctors walk in and out of my ward, giving one another suggestions, details, affirmations. They look upon patients like they're in the zoo.

I look at the needle on the back of my hand. The tube has murky liquid in it. I no longer have blood in my vein, great. Antibiotics and water has taken over. I really have no idea what is going to happen to me now.

Doctors say, my POP is postponed till Friday. Great, my life just cannot get any better.

No comments:

Post a Comment